Welcome to Bright Lingua!
This website is owned and operated by Loritos Learning INC, hereinafter referred to in this document as “Bright Lingua”.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The personal data of users that are collected and processed through:
Will be under the responsibility and in charge of:
- Loritos Learning INC.
- 2605 Crooks Rd., Michigan 48084
(Hereinafter referred to as “Bright Lingua”).
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information we collect from our users helps us to effectively deliver our website and to personalize and continually improve the user experience on the website. These are the types of information we collect:
Information you provide to us: You provide information when you provide, search, read and view content on the website, register as a user, purchase a subscription, schedule an online class and/or communicate with us through our contact information or contact forms. As a result of those actions, you may provide us with the following information:
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Any additional information related to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our website.
Bright Lingua will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it.
Information Collected Automatically: By accessing and using the website, you automatically provide us with the following information:
- Your IP address
- Browser and device characteristics
- Your operating system
- Referrer URLs
Payment Information: Your payment data will be processed by the payment processors available at Bright Lingua (Stripe), which will process and store your data securely and for the sole purpose of processing the purchase of the services. Bright Lingua reserves the right to contract any payment platform available in the market, which processes your data for the sole purpose of processing the purchase of the services.
Facebook Pixel: Our website uses the Facebook Pixel. Through the Facebook Pixel we can collect user information for different purposes. We use the Facebook Pixel for the following purposes:
- Collect statistics about our website (for example, the number of users who visited a page).
- Collect information about how the user interacts with our website (e.g., whether the user has opened or followed links on our website).
- Personalize online services and marketing communications.
- Tailor advertisements to users and optimize advertising campaigns.
Social networks: On our website you will find links and functions linked to different social networks or services, where you can share your information.
It is advisable to consult the privacy and data protection policy of each social network used on our website.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/exsubscriptionation
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/legal/privacy-policy-us?lang=en
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy
3. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Personal data provided by users through the website will be retained for as long as necessary to provide subscriptions and online classes or until the user maintains the account on the website or decides to close it or until Bright Lingua closes and deletes the user’s account. Bright Lingua may retain personal data for a longer period provided that the user has consented to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. In addition, Bright Lingua may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period provided that this is required for compliance with a legal obligation or by order of an authority. Once the retention period has expired, the personal data will be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right of deletion, the right of rectification and the right to data portability cannot be asserted after the retention period has expired.
4. CROSS-BORDER DATA
Please note that data collected from our users may be transferred and stored in locations other than the country of origin. Data collected in the United States or other locations may be stored in databases located in Peru.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our website and our current services. We use personal information collected through our website as described below:
- User registration.
- Provide the subscriptions.
- Process subscription payments.
- Provide our content.
- Provide the classes online.
- Understand and improve your experience using our website.
- Respond to your comments or questions through our support team.
- Send notifications via email and SMS text messages.
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about upcoming events, offers and news about content, products and services offered by Bright Lingua and our partners.
- Bright Lingua marketing purposes.
- Link or combine your information with other data we obtain from third parties to help us understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Protect, investigate and deter fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activities.
6. HOW DO YOU OBTAIN MY CONSENT?
7. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers. We use third party services to perform certain functions on our website. Some of these functions and services are: Building and hosting the website, processing payments (Stripe), analyzing data (Google Analytics), creating ads (Facebook, Google), Class software management (TeamUp), performing tracking and analytics functions on the website, sending emails (MailChimp), marketing services and search results.
SMS text messaging. We use SMS text messaging to send different types of messages, such as notifications, special content and offers for our services. By making a purchase of our services, providing your phone number and opting in to receive our SMS messages, you agree to these terms and conditions.
By entering your phone number in the forms available on the website, you consent to receive SMS text notifications, special content and offers from us. Please note that your consent to accept or decline to receive these messages is not a condition of any purchase on our website. Your phone number and name will be shared with the SMS marketing platform we use. This data will be used to send you targeted marketing messages and notifications only.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text messages, please log into the notifications section in the user’s account settings.
Protection of Bright Lingua and Others. We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Bright Lingua, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Anonymous Information. Bright Lingua uses anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the Website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
Email Address. The email address you provide to receive email communications from us will never be rented or sold to third parties.
8. PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide through the website. If transactions are processed on the website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the website in encrypted form using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate need to know that information and to those persons you have authorized to have access to that information. Bright Lingua follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Bright Lingua receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Bright Lingua strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Users who provide information through our website, as data subjects, have the right to access, rectify, download or delete their information, as well as to restrict and oppose certain processing of their information. While some of these rights apply generally, others only apply in certain limited circumstances. These rights are described below:
- Access and portability: to access and know what information is stored on our servers, you can send us your request through our contact information.
- Rectification, restriction, limitation and deletion: You may also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information.
- Right to be informed: Users of our website will be informed, upon request, about what data we collect, how it is used, how long it is kept and whether it is shared with third parties.
- Object: Where we process your data based on our legitimate interests, as explained above, or in the public interest, you may object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will stop processing your information unless we have legitimate grounds to continue processing it or where necessary for legal reasons.
- Withdraw consent: Where you have previously given your consent, for example to allow us to process and store your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing and storage of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn your consent if we have a lawful basis for doing so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complaint: If you wish to lodge a complaint about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority. Users may exercise all of these rights by contacting us via the contact information or contact page.
- Rights related to automated decision-making, including profiling: Users may request that we provide them with a copy of the automated processing activities we conduct if they believe that data is being unlawfully processed.
Users or owners of the personal data they provide through the website can exercise these rights over their personal data at any time and without any limitation by sending us their request through our contact information.
10. PROTECTION OF CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
We comply with the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), regarding the protection of children’s personal information. We do not collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take immediate steps to delete that information.
11. THIRD PARTIES